Hubdean Specialist Coatings recognises the need for sustainable development and continually aims to improve the environmental effects of its activities.
To achieve this we will:-
Establish sound environmental management by:-
- Meeting or improving upon relevant legislative, regulatory and environmental codes of practice
- Developing objectives that target environmental improvements and monitor performance by regular review
- Considering any environmental issues in the decision making process
- Developing a relationship with suppliers and contractors so that we all recognise our environmental responsibilities
- Educating staff so that they carry out their activities in an environmentally responsible manner
Provide the effective use of resources by:-
- Promoting waste minimisation by recycling or finding other uses for by-products whenever economically viable
- Promoting the use of efficient use of resources, energy and fuel throughout the company’s operations
- The communities in which we operate
- The government, regulatory bodies and other interested parties with the shared vision of being a good and trusted neighbour.
The Hubdean Environmental Policy is the cornerstone of environmental management
To support our policy, we have a comprehensive Environmental Awareness Plan which spells out to our employees and our customers, our responsibilities, duties, considerations and commitment to the environment in our organisation, both in general terms and in respect of the organisation of specific responsibilities and the practical arrangements required.
Our Environmental Awareness Plan covers
Our Policy & Responsibilities
- Policy Statement
- Duties of the Employer
- Duties of the Employee
Promoting and ensuring continuous improvement of our environmental performance, prevention of pollution and helping us to control and meet our legal obligations.
Aspects & Impacts
- Energy Consumption
- Raw Materials
- Vehicle Use
Our business already incorporates good practice and contributes to sustainable development. By further improving and integrating this into all our activities will help in our future success. p
Future Environmental Consideration
We are currently funding a research and development programme in conjunction with Warrington Fire Research to develop a new paint system ahead of 2010 legislation regarding use of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) in paints and varnishes. This new system will not only maintain our position at the forefront of Class 0 specialist coatings, it will ensure we are also introducing environmentally friendly systems ahead of European Legislation.